Learn to pick locks at home; it’s easier than you think.
The LockEx training kit is everything you need to learn and hone your lockpicking skills (without damaging your front door).
Included are our full 12-piece lockpick set and the 5-piece progressive practice locks. Our progressive practice locks start with a simple 2-pin lock and work up through 3-, 4-, 5-, and 6-pin challenges. The Kwikset keyway was specifically chosen to be easy for beginners. Once you’ve mastered the 6-pin lock with a few of the different picks, you’ll be ready to start working with real locks around you.
All you need to do to get started learning is to check out our video tutorial on lockpicking basics, then pick up the 2-pin practice lock and get started.
LockEx 12-Piece Lockpick Set:
6 Tools (Picks are in .025 thickness.):
- Short Hook
- Medium Hook
- Half Diamond
- Spoon Curve
- Cycloid Quad Wave Rake (1/4″ waves for larger locks)
- Cycloid Quint Wave Rake (1/5″ waves for smaller locks)
6 Turners Include:
- White Short Band: .03 thickness in top of the keyway
- White Long Band: .03 thickness in bottom of the keyway
- Purple Short Band: .04 thickness in top of the keyway
- Purple Long Band: .04 thickness in bottom of the keyway
- Grey Short Band: .05 thickness in top of the keyway
- Grey Long Band: .05 thickness in top of the keyway
LockEx Progressive Practice Lock Set:
- Key-in-Knob Cylinders
- Common “Kwikset” Keyway
- 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 pin locks, clearly labeled with laser etching
- Keys Included